Monday, October 20, 2008

Coastal France

This past weekend I visited the coastal city of St. Malo as well as Mont Saint Michel (a spit-like land mass with a kajillion stairs that eventually take you to a monastery).

Mont Saint Michel was nothing special- I had been there before and there's really not much to do or see other than visit the monastery. So that portion of the trip was only slightly insignificient and repetative. Thankfully, St. Malo lent me a different experience.

I had been to St. Malo once before and I don't remember being very impressed by it at all. In fact, I remember finding it a sort of insignificient and placid town. But after being there a second time, I feel much differently. It's a very romantic, Scottish quarter with your usual French, narrow cobblestone streets and small shops but it's also unlike any other French city I've visited. It's more quiet, slow, and familiar. It is somewhat of a 'sleepy' town but I think that it's calm pace is what shapes it's lovely nature. There was a certain charm about the place that made it absolutely impossible to be in any sort of ill disposition. Perhaps the beautiful weather or the town's seaside location is to be at thanks, but I quite literally felt more at ease and happy while I was there.


Maya and Ellen


Ellen and Kim

Kim and Ellen

My Male Models (not really, they just let me pose them):


the Russian


From Oregon






2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look like you're having a blast in France. I can't wait to read your next blog. I'm thinking I may need to start one ;D

Unknown said...

I am glad to finally see these boys you keep talking about. ;) Oregon boy seems very dreamy, no wonder, hehe. I am glad you added pictures definitely gives more depth to your blog and I realize, "Kim really is in France!" At least your doing some sighseeing now. Toodle-loo, my dearest friend. I see you also still have your fashion sense. ;)